Community Care Network of Kansas Advocates for Health Care Access for All.
Our stance is that everyone needs and deserves care. We are leaders in promoting the best access to quality care and increase the quality of life for all. We are promoters of positive healthcare and health policy changes:
- Change means every community has access to high-quality healthcare.
- Change means believing that healthy people make healthy communities.
- Change means we are an active voice in educating lawmakers about healthcare needs across Kansas.
Together, as educators, advocates and innovators, we believe we must unite across industries and platforms in the interest of bringing comprehensive healthcare to Kansans across the state. Our passion to serve and desire to effect change motivates our ability to unite. The more partners and resources we have, the stronger our voice can be.
Speaking with one voice, Community Care members educate and advocate for the availability of high-quality, community-based, whole-person comprehensive healthcare close to home. We work closely with federal and state lawmakers, government agencies and strategic partners to lead public policy discussion and secure funding.
How to start educating and advocating for change:
Here are a few simple ideas to help you get started. If you need additional assistance, contact us!
- Build relationships with elected officials and offer tours.
- Participate in community events.
- Host a Voter Registration event.
- Celebrate Community Care Clinic Week in August by hosting a community activity.
- Write newspaper editorials or publish social media blog posts.
- Participate in Community Care Network of Kansas’ Advocacy Day at the Capitol.
- Read Community Care Network of Kansas’ Member Update newsletter to stay current on statewide efforts.
- Join the Health Center Advocacy Network to stay current on national efforts.