- This event has passed.
Coding and Billing Boot Camp
March 30 @ 8:00 am - March 31 @ 4:00 pm
This 2 day LIVE VIRTUAL bootcamp focuses on clinical documentation, coding, & billing for Community Health Centers (FQHCs) and Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) and allows attendees who choose to use their webcam to have smooth and natural live Q&A sessions with the instructor!
Though this class is designed to help facility managers and revenue cycle staff to pass the optional certification exam to become a Rural Health – Coding & Billing Specialist (RH-CBS) or a Community Health Coding & Billing Specialist (CH-CBS) we urge clinical personnel (MD, DO, NP, PA, RN) to attend as well since clinical documentation is key to everything. BUILD A SHARED FOUNDATION OF KNOWLEDGE
What is Covered & Agenda
How well do your clinical providers know the rules: Do your clinical providers know the documentation rules related to capturing the valuable services they provide? What type of training do they have on the differences between coding and billing? How long has it been since they received updates?
- Does your facility have a full record of each service provided (CPT/HCPCS-II codes) and why they were done (ICD-10-CM codes) regardless of whether you get paid or not?
- Are you generating all of the revenue that you are entitled to when billing non-Medicare/Medicaid payers?
- Are you reporting quality measures related to Shared Savings, Risk Adjustment, HCCs, or other Quality Improvement programs?
- With the recent requirement by CMS to require FQHCs/RHCs to list all CPT and HCPCS-II codes – it has never been more important to make sure you are documenting and coding for 100% of what is done. Commercial payers probably don’t pay under the Medicare PPS system, so you have to bill them differently. If you aren’t documenting and coding correctly you may not be capturing everything that is done and some revenue may be left on the table! Your cost report is very tied to your professional coding practices – don’t undervalue and underreport what you do.
- With IT finding its way into more areas of medical facilities the difference between clinical documentation, professional coding, and medical billing have never been more important.
- Are you too dependent on IT instead of relying on well-trained and qualified staff? We will focus on the guidelines that appear before and after key coding sections that rarely are accessible to providers and coders/billers in their EHRs and encoder software.
- We will limit the review of codes that will rarely or never be performed in your facility setting – and will focus on primary care visits, behavioral health, and preventive services.
- We will be careful to get hands-on with over a dozen vital resources (including the CMS Benefits and Claims manuals) that outline the unique approach rural and community health needs to be aware of to stay compliant!
Who is the class for?
This class is specifically designed for clinical personnel (MD, DO, NP, PA, RN), coders, billers, EHR professionals, facility and financial managers that work in RHCs, FQHCs and look-alikes to encourage building a shared foundation of knowledge. We will provide action Items and how to “get results” by working together through hands-on practice.
Community Care Member $200